The RoR Network
We are an activist, anticapitalist, transnational network, using samba as a form of political action. We use tactical frivolity, inspired by carnival, to confront and critique systems of domination ... (Read more)
The first Rhythms of Resistance band formed 2000 in London. A huge pink and silver block, in coordination with other activists, shut down the IWF/World Bank meeting in Prague (Read a short article). From then on, along with the movement against capitalist globalisation, one group after the other popped up - now we're all over Europe and occasional in the rest of the world.
There are (or were) bands in: London, Oxford, Köln, Wien, Sheffield, Amsterdam, Torino, Sofia, Paris, Manchester, Poznań, Bremen, Freiburg, Oberhausen, Maastricht, Ghent, Gdańsk, Lyon, Mexico City, Leipzig, Wolfsburg, Braunschweig, Heidelberg, Trojmiasto, Tel Aviv, Cordoba, Bodensee, Saarbrücken, Osnabrück, Jerusalem, Dresden, Milano, Graz ... this list changes regularly!
We play the same set of tunes and use about the same signs. We regularly hold transnational meetings, where many of us come together for planning the next actions and making music.
More about RoR
- Official website of the RoR-Network
- Wikipedia articles in english and german, with background and links to active bands.
- Movie (39 min., 2007) about Rhythms of Resistance and Tactical Frivolity
- European action samba mailing list (to subscribe, please write an empty mail to jogjugtrob-subscribe -at- lists.riseup.net)
- German action samba mailing list (to subscribe, please write an empty mail to action-samba-germany -at- lists.so36.net)